Time to Make
30 mins to make + time for baking and cooling Fimo
How to Make
- Remove the lid from a flower box. Paint the bottom section and lid on the outside and inside then leave to dry.
- To make small skulls, roll 5 x White Fimo balls, make them the size of a grape about 1.5cm diameter. For a single skull use a 2cm-3cm ball of Fimo. For making coloured skulls, knead a pinch of a bright Fimo into the ball of white until it is evenly blended.
- Flatten the balls into an oval then squeeze at one end to make the skull face shape. Push the end of a brush into the middle to make the eyes. Use a small strip of card to make a pattern for the teeth.
- To make flowers, shape 4 or 5 x 1cm Fimo balls. Flatten the balls with your finger so the Fimo is very thin, then roll into a curled shape for the middle of the flower. Press the remaining pieces around the middle for the petals. Remove any excess Fimo from the back of the flower with a modelling toll to make a neat shape.
- Place the skulls and flowers onto a baking tray or tile. Bake Fimo at 110ºC for 30 minutes, following the instructions on packet. Leave Fimo to cool before handling.
- Glue the skulls and flowers on the lid of the box then fill in between with a painted pattern or you could add a painted border around the edge. Deco Pens are also a great way to add a pattern in you box if it has a dark background.
Make more skulls and flowers than you need, then you'll have a ready-baked supply and to use for other projects.