Time to Make
1 hour 15 minutes
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Cut a white paper plate in half to make the rainbow. Starting from the top, colour Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo (Dark Blue) and Violet (Purple) stripes using coloured pens.
- When you have finished the violet stripe, cut off the remainder of the paper plate that is left to create a curved rainbow shape.
- Cut a piece of green thread 8cm long and another piece 13cm long.
- Place some glue on the bottom ends of the rainbow using a glue stick. On the left side stick down the top of the 8cm long piece of thread. On the right side stick down the top of the 13cm long piece of thread.
- Stick white pom poms onto the glue at the bottom of each end of the rainbow to make clouds.
- Download the template of the shamrock and pot of gold and print off.
- Cut out both shamrocks and both pots of gold and stick onto an A4 sheet of white card using a glue stick.
- Cut out both shamrocks and pots of gold from the white card and colour in using felt tip pens.
- Using a glue stick, cover the back of one of the shamrocks and stick the bottom end of the thread on the left side of the rainbow to the middle of the shamrock. Attach the other shamrock so that it is double sided and the thread is securely glued inside.
- Follow the same procedure as the shamrock for the pot of gold cut outs, ensuring the remaining thread is securely glued inside the two pots of gold.
- Leave the shamrock and pot of gold attachments to dry.
- Using a hole punch, make a hole at the top of the rainbow in the middle.
- Thread a piece of green thread or ribbon through the hole and tie to form a hanger for the rainbow mobile.
Instead of white pom poms you could use cotton wool or white tissue paper scrunched up into balls for the clouds.