Easy. Adult Supervision needed.
Time to Make
1 hour 30 mins
How to Make
- Paint the wooden spoon purple using Pebeo matt deco acrylic paint. Leave to dry. Turn over the wooden spoon so that the flat side of the spoon head is facing you.
- Download the template for St. George’s outfit, and print. Cut out the outfit shapes.
- Using the shapes as a template, cut out from both foam and self-adhesive foam as specified on the template. Leave the backing on the shapes cut out from self-adhesive foam.
- Peel off the backing from the grey helmet shape and stick to the top of the wooden spoon for the knight’s head.
- Peel off the backing from the knight’s face shape and stick in the middle of the grey helmet shape.
- Using a black felt tip pen draw 5 vertical lines on the top of the knight’s helmet. Draw two circles either side of the lines.
- Stick on 2 wiggle eyes onto the knight’s face. Using a black felt tip pen draw on eyebrows, a nose and a mouth. Using a pink felt tip pen draw on cheeks.
- Peel off the backing from the red cross shape and stick to the white shape for the knight’s armour. Peel off the backing to the white shape and stick to the body of the spoon underneath the knight’s face using craft glue dots.
- Attach the purple arms to the back of the spoon using craft glue dots. Press down the white armour to stick it to the purple arms to hold them strongly in place.
- Attach the yellow sword to the knight’s hand using craft glue dots.
- Peel off the backing from the grey shield and stick to the other knight’s other hand. Peel off the backing from the red inner shield shape and stick to the middle of the grey shield.
If you have any spare feathers, you could attach these to the top of the helmet. Also, the template can always be reused to create other knight characters.