Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Roll a sheet of A4 card into a tube and cover with a rectangle of self-adhesive foam the same size.
- Cut some 1.5cm wide strips from different coloured self-adhesive foam and spiral these around the tube. Decorate the tube with other foam shapes, such as stars or half-moons.
- Knot a long hanging loop of gold cord and fix the knot under the foam strips at a join.
- Cut out a large semi-circle from self-adhesive foam and remove the edge of the backing paper and a slice from one flat edge. Roll into a cone and fix on to one end of the tube.
- Cut a disc of self-adhesive foam the same diameter as the tube. Bend the ends of some tinsel pipe cleaners into star shapes.
- Make holes in the foam disc with a needle. Poke the ends of the pipe cleaners through the holes and bend over at the back. Stick the disc over the other end of the tube.
Try making Catherine Wheels in a similar way and hang them so they spin around on their hanging loops.