Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
Yes - The slime is formed by a chemical reaction between the polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) in the glue and the borate ion from the boric acid in the contact lens solution. We therefore recommend that the recipe is not altered, as the chemical reaction needs these ingredients to work. Please make sure that the making of the slime is supervised by an Adult. After making / playing with the slime we recommend that hands are thoroughly washed. This Slime is not edible. If your child has any allergies, please make sure you check the ingredients of each of the components. If any signs of reaction appears on the skin, please wash thoroughly and stop use immediately. If in doubt, please seek medical advice.
How to Make
- Add approximately eight tablespoons of PVA glue to the mixing bowl. Then add about half the amount of shaving foam and mix together.
- Add a teaspoon of baking soda and some black food colouring and mix together until the whole mixture is black.
- Add about one tablespoon of contact lens solution to the mixture and mix together. It should start to stick together. Keep adding contact lens solution until the slime has completely stuck together.
- Take the slime out of the bowl and knead and stretch it, adding more contact lens solution until it is no longer sticky.
- Lay the slime out on a flat surface and sprinkle some silver glitter over the top. Fold the slime and add some more glitter.
- Add some silver, blue and purple star sequins to the slime and stretch it to mix them together.
Store your slime in an airtight container to help to make it last longer.