Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
Yes - The slime is formed by a chemical reaction between the polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) in the glue and the borate ion from the boric acid in the contact lens solution. We therefore recommend that the recipe is not altered, as the chemical reaction needs these ingredients to work. Please make sure that the making of the slime is supervised by an Adult. After making / playing with the slime we recommend that hands are thoroughly washed. This Slime is not edible. If your child has any allergies, please make sure you check the ingredients of each of the components. If any signs of reaction appears on the skin, please wash thoroughly and stop use immediately. If in doubt, please seek medical advice.
How to Make
- Pour around eight tablespoons of PVA glue into your bowl. Add some shaving foam into your mixture, about the amount of half of the glue, and mix it together.
- Add approximately 1 teaspoon of baking soda into your mixture and mix it together.
- Add around one tablespoon of contact lens solution to your mixture and stir with the spoon. Your mixture should begin to feel thicker and stick together. Continue to add more contact lens solution until the slime is no longer sticking to the bowl.
- Take the slime out of the bowl and knead and stretch it with your hands until it is no longer sticky. Add more contact lens solution if it is still sticking to your hands.
- Lay out your white slime onto a table and pour some iridescent glitter onto it. Then knead the slime with your hands to mix the glitter in.
- Add some foil snowflakes to your slime and fold it over a few times to hold them in place.
Add more glue if your mixture seems to wet and sloppy.