Intermediate, adult supervision needed.
Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Take a piece of A4 paper and wrap it around a cardboard tube. Line the paper up and cut to size. Next cut about a third off the length of the paper so that when you wrap this around the tube again, there’s a gap.
- Fold this piece of paper in half and starting from about half way up, cut to a curved shape, finishing at the top. When you flatten the paper out again you should be left with a half circle shape on one end. Repeat this process with another piece of paper, but make the length and width of this piece slightly smaller than the first.
- Lay the smaller of the two paper pieces onto some white foam then use this as a template to cut the shape out. Wrap the white foam around the tube then stick in place using a hot glue gun.
- Lay the bigger of the two paper pieces onto some blue foam then use this as a template to cut the shape out. Wrap the blue foam around the tube then stick in place using a hot glue gun.
- Cut a shark fin shape out of blue foam and glue to the back of the pen pot. Then using the cardboard tube as a guide, measure out a round circle for the pen pot base and cut out of blue foam. Glue this to the bottom of the tube using a hot glue gun.
- To create the teeth, first cut out two long thin pieces of red foam. Then cut out two long pieces of white teeth. Stick the teeth on top of the red gums, then stick both pieces to the inside of the shark’s mouth using a hot glue gun.
- Finish the shark by peeling off the backing from two self-adhesive wiggle eyes and stick to the pen pot.
If you don’t have any foam, you can make this pen pot from coloured card pieces instead.