Time to Make
1 hour 30 minutes
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Fold a white paper plate in half. From the folded edge, cut along the rigged edge of the plate leaving 3-4cm uncut at the bottom. This will be where the bottom of the shamrock or the leprechaun hat attaches to the plate.
- Choose either a shamrock or a leprechaun hat design. Using a green pen, draw one half of either the shamrock or the leprechaun hat onto to the folded cut out centrepiece of the plate. Draw from the bottom of the centrepiece where attached to the plate rim.
- Cut out the white space around the shape, ensuring that the leprechaun hat or the shamrock remains attached to the paper plate rim, as this is what will go over the head.
- Open up the plate to see the full shape appear. Tidy up any areas with scissors if necessary.
- Colour and decorate the shamrock or leprechaun hat using coloured pens or paint.
- Put onto your head with the shamrock or leprechaun hat facing the front.
Practise your design on a piece of paper first by folding a piece of paper in half and drawing one half of your design from the folded edge and cut out.
What You Need
- Giotto Colour Fibre Tip Pens
- White Paper Plates