Time to Make
45 minutes plus drying time
How to Make
- Paint a keepsake book black on the inside and outside. Leave it to dry.
- Draw half a heart onto a folded piece of 8cm x 8cm paper then cut it out.
- When the black paint has dried, place the heart in the middle of the lid and lightly draw around it.
- Mix some white paint with red to make pink. Dip a cotton bud into the paint and dab it around the heart outline in small circles for the flowers.
- Paint more pink flowers around the heart. Add some flowers in the corners. Leave to dry.
- Mix a lighter shade of pink, then use a small brush to add small, curved strokes for petals inside each flower.
- Mix green and glue paint together to make a dark green. Use a small brush to paint leaves around the heart and in the corners.
- Finish the design by adding tiny white dots onto the design. Leave to dry.
Experiment with colour variations, a white or coloured background would give a different feel to the design.