Easy. Adult Supervision needed.
Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Place 2 natural wooden craft sticks into a cross shape (+) and glue together using super tacky glue. Leave to dry.
- Cut 4 pieces of blue elastic roughly 25cm long.
- Once the cross of natural wooden craft sticks is fully dry, apply a layer of blue acrylic paint to the sticks on the top and underneath. Leave to dry.
- Once the sticks are fully dry, tie each piece of blue elastic to the 4 ends of the cross. Cut off any excess elastic from the top of the knot but leave a long piece roughly 20cm long on each end of the cross.
- Using clear sticky tape, tape lots of shells along the length of each piece of blue elastic.
- Stick some self-adhesive gems onto the shells.
- Cut a piece of blue ribbon roughly 12cm long. Fold in half and tie in a double knot to make a loop.
- Place a blob of super tacky glue on the centre of the cross and stick down the ribbon loop. Leave to fully dry before use.
- Decorate the top of the cross with more self-adhesive gems.
Instead of blue elastic and the blue ribbon you can use any kind of string/cord/ribbon you like. If you intend to hang the shell mobile in the garden, it might be a good idea to protect it with a coat of HobbyLine Acrylic Satin Varnish.