Time to Make
1 hour 30 minutes
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Cut out a large handful of 3cm by 15cm dark blue tissue strips. Spread a generous amount of glue over the stick and begin to wrap one of the strips around it. Continue until the stick is completely covered with the tissue paper. Leave to dry.
- Print off the provided template and carefully cut it out. For the Scottish flag, the cross is white and the areas surrounding it are the same dark blue as the stick.
- Take 1 sheet of white tissue paper and tear off small handfuls. Scrunch these handfuls into a ball and leave to one side. Repeat with the blue tissue paper.
- Spread a small amount of PVA glue on the cross and firmly apply the white tissue balls. Continue to add more glue and tissue balls as you go.
- Repeat step 4 with the blue tissue balls and remaining space on the flag. Make sure the glue has dried fully before moving onto step 6.
- Cut off 4 small strips of sticky tape and stick the hobby straw to the back of the flag. Space the tape evenly so that the stick is secure.
Print out a dozen smaller-sized flag templates and attach them to some string or ribbon to make a quirky bunting to decorate the home.