Time to Make
40 minutes plus glue drying time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Take 2 wooden stars & stick together using the super tacky glue. Remove any excess & allow to dry.
- At the top of the willow branch (at the front), apply a small dot of hot glue & stick the wooden star. Hold until the glue has dried.
- Choose 5 different ribbons, with different widths & decide in what order you want to position them on the willow branch. Cut in lengths of 20cm for the top ribbon, adding 2cms to each ribbon length as it goes down. The final length should be 28cm.
- Starting just under the star, tie the first ribbon onto the branch. Tie twice to secure it. The knot should be central. If the ribbon is twisting, add a little dot of hot glue under the knot. Ensure that no glue is visible.
- Continue in the same manner for the rest of the ribbons, making sure all the ribbons are facing frontwards.
- Lay the branch flat, right side up. Flatten & straighten the ribbons by giving them a little pull.
- There are 3 ways to cut the ribbon to shape as a tree:-
A. On a piece of paper draw a horizontal line 17cm long. Find the halfway point & draw a vertical line from that point the same length as the branch. From the top of this line, join to the ends of the base line forming a triangle. You now have a template to place under the tree & cut the ribbons along the lines.
B. Measure each ribbon starting from the top & gradually get longer as you go down. It is best to write these measurements down so you can repeat on the opposite side. Cut away the excess.
C. If you are feeling brave, cut the ribbons freehand.
- Cut a piece of jute twine 12cm, this is for the hanging loop. Apply a small dot of hot glue at the top, back of branch & stick down the ends of the twine until the glue dries.
If you do not have different widths of ribbon, you can make your own by sewing or gluing 2 together.