Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
Yes - The slime is formed by a chemical reaction between the polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) in the glue and the borate ion from the boric acid in the contact lens solution. We therefore recommend that the recipe is not altered, as the chemical reaction needs these ingredients to work. Please make sure that the making of the slime is supervised by an Adult. After making / playing with the slime we recommend that hands are thoroughly washed. This Slime is not edible. If your child has any allergies, please make sure you check the ingredients of each of the components. If any signs of reaction appears on the skin, please wash thoroughly and stop use immediately. If in doubt, please seek medical advice.
How to Make
- Pour around eight tablespoons of PVA glue into your bowl. Then add a few drops of orange food colouring to the mixture and mix it together with a spoon.
- Add some shaving foam into your mixture, around the amount of half of the glue, and mix it in. Then add a teaspoon of baking soda and mix it again.
- Add around one tablespoon of contact lens solution to your mixture and stir with the spoon. Your mixture should begin to feel thicker and stick together. Continue to add a little more contact lens solution until the slime is no longer sticking to the bowl.
- Take the slime out of the bowl and knead and stretch it with your hands until it is no longer sticky.
- Lay out your orange slime onto a table and pour some gold glitter onto it. Then knead the slime with your hands to mix the glitter in.
- Add some small orange pom poms to your slime and fold it over a few times to hold them in place.
Keep adding contact lens solution until the slime no longer sticks to your hands.