Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Take the cone part of the cone puppet kit and paint it yellow. Leave to dry. Add another coat of paint if needed.
- Take the plastic stick from the puppet kit and push it into a medium sized polystyrene ball. It should hold in place, but if it feels loose and some glue to make it more secure.
- Push the polystyrene ball and stick into a yellow sock until it reaches the tip of the sock. Then tie a piece of light blue ribbon into a bow around the sock just below the ball.
- Make the cone shape from the painted piece of card and stick it with tape to make sure it holds.
- Push the plastic stick down through the hole in the bottom of the cone shape and pull the sock over the outside of the cone.
- Trim the sock if necessary, then stick the edge of the sock to the top of the cone using double-sided tape.
- Add a beak to the chick using orange self-adhesive felt, then stick on two wiggle eyes.
- Pull the stick downwards to hide the chick in the cone, then push it up to make the chick pop out.
Try making different Easter characters with different coloured socks.