Easy, adult supervision needed
Time to Make
1 hour + drying time for paint
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Lay out fourteen craft sticks next to each other with the long ends of the sticks touching. Make sure the ends of the sticks are all in line with each other.
- Cut some pieces of masking tape to length and stick these the whole way along the row of craft sticks. Make sure that the sticks have been completely covered with masking tape to ensure that they are stuck together securely.
- Cut away the edges from the top three craft sticks at an angle, on either side. You might want to ask an adult to help with this step as this could be hard for a child to do with scissors.
- Turn the craft sticks over, so the side with the masking tape is now on the underneath and apply two coats of purple paint to the top. Leave to dry.
- Take another four craft sticks and paint these with black paint then leave to dry. Once dry, apply a small amount of super tacky glue to the back of each one and stick these to the diagonal edge of the purple craft sticks to form the roof. Leave to dry.
- Download and print off the template provided then cut out the individual shapes.
- Draw around the templates onto self-adhesive foam sheets and then cut these out. Peel off the backing from the foam and stick the shapes in place. To add more detail, draw on the door handle, window frames and face details for the pumpkin and ghost using a thick black pen.
- Create some dangling spiders by drawing on legs next to some mini poms poms and stick some glitter star stickers to the roof.
- Cut a piece of orange ribbon around 15cm long and tie in a loop secured with a double knot. Attach the loop to the back of the decoration with some tape.
Apply two coats of paint to the wooden craft sticks to make the colour brighter.