Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Lay out 12 orange wooden craft sticks next to each other so the long ends are touching.
- Glue a green stick across the ends of the craft sticks, and another one across the other ends, to hold them in place. Then glue two more green craft sticks to the remaining sides.
- Repeat step two, glueing a green craft stick to each side, until you have about four layers of green sticks, making a tray.
- Make a square out of purple craft sticks by glueing the ends of four sticks together. Repeat this to make another square.
- Lay one square on the table and glue a purple craft stick to each corner so that the sticks are pointing upwards. Then glue the other square on top of these sticks to make a cube.
- Glue the purple cube to the green sides of the tray.
- Lay out 12 sticks (6 red, 6 yellow) so that the long edges are touching, alternating the colours. Then glue two red sticks in the other direction, each about a quarter of the way in from the edges, to hold them together. Repeat this to make another set of red and yellow sticks.
- Glue the red and yellow sticks to the top of the cube, so that the ends meet in a point, to make the roof.
- Give the finish bird house feeder a coat of acrylic varnish to help make it water resistant.
- Tie a piece of twine under the roof, making a loop for the bird house feeder to hang from.
As a glue gun can get hot, make sure an adult is supervising. Also, to make the bird house feeder water resistant, seal with a coast of acrylic varnish.