Time to Make
30 minutes + drying time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Lay out 12 wooden craft sticks (4 red, 4 yellow, 4 orange) next to each other so the long ends are touching.
- Glue an orange stick across the ends of the craft sticks, and another one across the other ends, to hold them in place. Then glue two more orange craft sticks to the remaining sides.
- Glue a yellow stick onto each side, then red sticks, then orange sticks, and repeat until you have about six layers of sticks around the edges. Leave to dry.
- Cut four pieces of twine and tie the ends around the tip of a larch cone. It helps to tuck the twine under some of the layers of the cone.
- Once the glue has fully dried, tie one of the larch cones to each corner of the seed feeder, so that they hang underneath.
- Cut two pieces of twine about 40cm long. Tie the end of one to one corner of the feeder, and the other end to the opposite corner. Then repeat with the other piece of twine and the two remaining corners. Then finally tie the tops of these loops together with another piece of twine and tie in a loop for the feeder to hang from.
Make sure you leave the feeder to dry on a flat, level surface to prevent the sticks from moving. To make it water resistant you will need to seal with a coat of acrylic varnish.