Beginner. Adult supervision needed
Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Mix your desired shade of paint or several different shades from the selection of Porcelain paints. You’ll want to make sure you have enough to complete your design, as it can be hard to colour match afterwards.
- Choose a small or large sponge dabber and a modern or traditional shaped mug, and then press the dabber into the paint; you’ll need to ensure you have full coverage along the flat surface of the dabber without overloading it.
- Carefully push the dabber against the surface of the mug, taking care not to rock it from side to side, unless you’d like to create a slightly uneven edge or more rustic look. Gently remove the dabber – don’t worry if the polka dot is slightly bubbly or not fully complete as you can fill this in with the paintbrush later.
- Repeat with as many spots as you like – or as many as you can fit – across your mug. Fill in any patchy areas within the spots using a fine paintbrush with a little paint and just carefully dab it against the spot until you’ve achieved full coverage.
- Leave to dry, then bake in a domestic oven according to the instructions that come with the paints, this will set the design.
Shake pens well and test on scrap paper to ensure paint is flowing smoothly. If your design goes wrong, use a wet wipe or damp tissue to clean it away and start over.