Time to Make
30 minutes plus drying time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Take a fabric pencil case and place it on the back of the white plush material. Draw around the pencil case using a felt tip pen and cut out. Repeat this step so that you have 2 pieces of plush material for the front and the back of the pencil case.
- Download the template and print off. Use the template to cut out unicorn ears from a sheet of white felt and eyes from a sheet of black felt. And a unicorn horn from a sheet of self-adhesive gold glitter foam (do not remove the backing).
- Starting with the front, place super tacky glue around the edges of the fabric pencil case and stick on one of the sheets of plush material. Press down firmly to ensure it is completely stuck. Repeat this process with the other piece of plush on the other side of the pencil case. Leave to dry.
- Stick the bottom of the horn onto the front of the pencil case at the top middle using super tacky glue. Make sure that the horn is only stuck to the fabric material and not the zip. Leave to dry.
- Stick self-adhesive satin gem flowers around the base of the unicorn’s horn.
- Stick the bottom of the felt ears to the top left and right corners of the pencil case using super tacky glue and stick the felt eyes to the middle of the pencil case using a small amount of super tacky glue. Leave to dry.
- To make the rainbow tassel for the unicorn’s mane, begin by wrapping the rainbow cord around the palm of your hand. The more you wrap around your hand the bigger the tassel will be. Slide the rainbow cord off of your hand and keep it in a loop.
- Cut 2 pieces of rainbow cord 20cm long. Put one of the pieces through the middle of your looped rainbow cord and tie at the top with a double knot. Leave the two loose pieces of cord sticking out the top.
- With the other piece of cord tie it horizontally around the top just below the knot to bring the loop into a tassel shape and secure with a double knot. Keep wrapping the rest of the cord around secure again with a double knot. Cut the base of the loops with scissors and trim a neat edge.
- Attach the tassel to the zip by threading the two pieces of cord sticking out of the top through the hole in the end of the zip. Tie securely with double knots and trim.
Use any leftover plush material to cover and create a matching Unicorn notebook.