Time to Make
20 minutes per tube
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Cut a strip of skin coloured paper, long enough to wrap around the cardboard tube. Cover the tube in double sided tape, stick the paper to it and then fold down the remaining edges into the top and bottom of the tube.
- Cut a thin strip from a sheet of black self-adhesive foam, then stick it to the bottom of the cardboard tube.
- Cut a slightly wider strip of white foam and stick it to the tube above the black strip, creating the shirt.
- Cut out some thin red strips of foam and stick them to the shirt to make it stripey.
- Cut out a pirate hat shape from the black foam sheet, making sure it is wider than the width of the tube. Then draw a skull and crossbones to the front of it using a white deco pen.
- Stick the hat to the top of the tube. Then create the pirates face by sticking on two wiggle eyes and drawing a mouth with black pen.
To create the parrot, follow the steps, but make foam wings and stick feathers to the top of the tube.