Beginner. Adult supervision needed
Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Cut a green pipe cleaner to make it approximately 10cm tall. Then cut another green pipe cleaner into three pieces.
- Wrap one of the pipe cleaner sections around the bottom of the first pipe cleaner, twisting it to hold it in place. Twist it in the centre, so that the two edges stick out either side.
- Repeat step 2 with the other pipe cleaner sections, trimming them in needed.
- Cut some more green pipe cleaners, however this time make them slightly shorter. Then twist them around the pipe cleaner.
- Continue doing this, making the pipe cleaners shorter each time and working your way up the original pipe cleaner, until the whole pipe cleaner is covered. It should resemble the shape of a Christmas tree, however you can trim it to shape if needed.
- Glue the bottom of the tree and stick it to a circular branch offcut to make the stand.
- Glue coloured pom poms into the tree to make the decorations, and stick a small gold star sticker to the top.
When adding the pipe cleaners, it may be easier to attach them at the top and then slide them down.