Time to Make
30 minutes + drying time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Mix some black and white paint together to make grey, then use this paint to cover a pine cone and a small section of a sheet of white card. Leave to dry.
- Cut out two ear shapes from the painted section of the card. Then mix some red and white paint together to make a pink, and use this paint to paint the inner ear. Leave to dry.
- Use glue to stick the ears to the top of the painted pine cone approximately halfway down.
- Cut two pieces of white pipe cleaner, about an inch long. Slightly bed one in the centre and glue them together to make the rat’s whiskers. Then glue a pink pom pom onto the whiskers to make the nose. Glue this onto the tip of the pine cone.
- Cut a white pipe cleaner about 10cm long and bend it into a curve. Then stick it to the other end of the pine cone to make the rat’s tail.
- Stick two wiggle eyes to the top of the pine cone, in between the ears and the nose.
Try not to move the rat until the glue has fully dried to make sure everything is properly attached.