Time to Make
1 hour 30 minutes
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Using the templates provided, select an initial (or create your own, using our templates as a guide for size) and lay it underneath a shrink plastic sheet, in the centre. Make sure the plastic is rough-side up and trace the initial onto the plastic using pen.
- Colour the initial and decorate how you choose using acrylic paint pens. Leave to dry, then cut out using scissors or a craft knife, taking care around any intricate bits of the lettering. Once cut out, punch a hole centrally at the top of the letter as shown.
- Next choose one of the motifs from the templates provided, or create your own using our templates as a size guide. Trace onto a sheet of shrink plastic, rough side facing upwards, and then colour in with felt pens. Cut out carefully and punch a hole centrally in the top.
- Place both the initial and the motif onto a baking sheet and cook in the oven according to the manufacturers instructions. Make sure you leave to cool before handling. Take the initial and thread onto a length of black elastic, feed on some beads, then tie around a keyring and double knot, so it hangs down in a loop. Trim away the excess.
- Repeat for the motif, you can mix it up using different beads for interest. Create the second personalised keychain in the same way.
You dont have to stop at one motif, you can add as many as you like to create a really personalised gift - create a motif for all their favourite things!