Time to Make
1 hour (Plus drying time)
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Colour in 49 cubes in with deco pens in the colours of your choice. You made need several coats.
- Take 11 cubes and stick them together using white light clay to make a horse-shoe shape.
- Add another layer of 10 cubes on top, using the light clay underneath each cube and in between. Make sure the cubes are further in than your first layer, by roughly 5mm.
- Add another layer of 9 cubes on top, using the light clay underneath each cube and in between. Again, make sure the cubes are further in than your first layer, by roughly 5mm.
- To make your roof, stick 4 cubes together to make a square, with light clay in between them. Surround the 4-cube square with 6 cubes in a semi-circle, lining up the end 2 cubes with the bottom of the square. Make sure that there is light clay in between all the cubes to secure them.
- Cover the top layer of your horse-shoe base with light clay and then stick on the roof.
- For the door, make an arch using 9 cubes, with light clay in between. Stick the arch to the front of the igloo using more light clay. Adjust the positions of the cubes and clay if needed and allow to dry.
- For the ice-sheet base, cut a large kidney shape out of the polystyrene sheet. Spread the polystyrene with glue and sprinkle it with artificial snow. Allow to dry
- For your penguin, make an egg shape with some purple light-clay. Then, make a flat egg shape with the white light-clay and stick it to the front for the belly and face. Make 2 purple flat-oval shapes for the wings and stick them on.
- Make a small yellow triangle out of light-clay for the penguin’s beak and stick it on.
- Make a heart shape out of yellow light-clay and stick it underneath the penguin to make the penguin’s feet.
- Finally, add some wiggle eyes to complete the penguin and place it with your igloo scene.
Add some glitter glue to the finished igloo for a sparkly ice effect.