Time to Make
45 minutes + drying time for Mod Roc + Varnish
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Cut a 50cm length of aluminium wire. Bend it in half into a double thickness, stick a piece of masking tape to cover the sharp ends then twist the wire all the way down.
- Twist a plastic carrier bag around the wire. Stick the ends of the bag with masking tape.
- Twist a sheet of newspaper around the middle of the wire for the dinosaurs body. Stick the newspaper down with masking tape. Use more masking tape to help pull the newspaper into shape.
- Tape 4 pointed sections from egg cartons onto the dinosaurs body for the legs.
- Cut off some pieces of Mod Roc from the roll, about 15cm in length. Youll need about 8 pieces to cover the body.
- Dip the pieces of Mod Roc into water so the plaster is completely soaked. Squeeze out some of the water then layer the Mod Roc over the body. Smooth the Mod Roc with your fingers. Leave to dry.
- Cut or tear some small pieces of patterned Decoupatch papers. Working on a small area at a time, brush varnish onto the dinosaur and paste the patterned papers down, smoothing them with your brush. Leave to dry.
- Check the whole dinosaur is covered with patterned paper the leave to dry. Glue wiggle eyes to the head.
Tear or cut up small pieces of Decoupatch paper before you start sticking. Its easier if the pieces are sorted into piles of different colours, so theyre ready to use.