Beginner. Adult supervision needed.
Time to Make
15 minutes per cacti
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Take a sheet of green card and use a pencil to draw an oval shape (approximately the same width as the plant pot) and a tab at the bottom of the oval shape about two inches long. Fold the card in half, then cut out this shape so you have two identical shapes.
- Use a pencil to lightly draw a small dot right in the centre of each shape. Then cut from the top down to the dot on one of the shapes, and from the bottom up to the dot on the other.
- Use a yellow deco pen to draw small lines onto both sides of the shapes to create the cactus spikes.
- Slide the two shapes together by pushing the slits together, to create your 3D cactus.
- Take a sheet of pink card and cut out a small flower shape. Cut a small slit in the bottom of the flower and attach it to the top of the cactus by sliding it onto the card.
- Use coloured deco pens to decorate the top of a terracotta plant pot, using a pattern of your choice.
- Take a ball of superclay and push the bottom of the cactus shape into the clay, then push the cactus into the pot, so the clay sticks to the bottom of the pot. This will hold it in place.
Let the pen ink dry before picking up your cactus shapes to prevent it from smudging.