Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Cut a white paper plate in half.
- Starting from the outside edge along the paper plate dimples, colour a strip of red using a red broad tip marker pen roughly 1cm wide going all the way around the edge of the paper plate.
- Next to the red colour in a yellow strip along the inside of the red strip going all the way around the paper plate, again roughly 1cm wide.
- Repeat Step 3 next for each of the following colours: pink, green, orange, purple and blue.
- Once you have finished colouring the blue strip, cut away the remaining white space left on the paper plate. You should now be left with a cut out coloured in rainbow shape.
- Next, cut 2 rectangles strips roughly 1cm (W) X 20cm (H) from a sheet of red cellophane.
- Cut the same size rectangle strips from a sheet of yellow, pink, green, purple and blue cellophane.
- To make the orange cellophane strip, cut a strip of pink cellophane and a strip of yellow cellophane and stick them on top of each other using a glue stick. Leave to dry. Repeat this step so that you have 2 orange strips of cellophane.
- Glue each coloured strip of cellophane to the bottom of the rainbow by matching the same colours of the rainbow and sticking down the top of cellophane strips with a glue stick. Leave to dry.
- Place glue along the bottom of the rainbow on top of the cellophane strips. Stick a row of white large and medium sized pom poms along the bottom ends of the rainbow to make the clouds.
- Hole punch one hole at the top of the rainbow. Cut a piece of elastic roughly 15cm long and thread it through the hole. Loop the piece of elastic and tie securely with a double knot.
Instead of coloured cellophane strips, you can use coloured tissue or crepe paper.