Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Using a pencil, on the underside of a paper plate draw from the outside edge a spiral shape going round twice.
- In the middle, draw a rounded diamond shape for the snakes head attached to the end of the spiral.
- Using scissors, carefully to cut out the spiral snake. Once the snake is cut out, you can trim any areas around the snakes head to make the head more free from the snakes body.
- Using a pencil, evenly mark out band sections on the entire snake for colouring. Starting from the inside, colour these bands with rainbow colours using broad tip marker pens as shown.
- On each coloured band, stick a row of mosaic stick-on stones so it matches the same colour.
- Stick 2 big wiggle eyes onto the head. Cut a rectangle shape roughly 1cm (W) by 12cm (L) from red card. Cut a small inward facing triangle from one end of the rectangle to make a forked snake tongue.
- Wrap the snakes tongue between your fingers to make it look wiggly. Stick the tongue to the bottom of the snakes head using clear sticky tape or glue dot.
- Cut a piece of white elastic roughly 10cm long, loop and secure with a double knot. Attach the knotted end of the loop onto the bottom of the snakes head and stick down using a piece of clear sticky tape or glue dot.
If you dont have any red card you could create a snake tongue cut out from white paper or white card and coloured using a red felt tip pen.