Time to Make
2 ½ hours & drying time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Take 2 craft wreaths and mark 1cm in from outer edge around whole wreath for both. Stick the 2 rings together.
- Paint the card ring in white acrylic paint, front, back and sides. It will need at least 2 coats of paint, more if needed to cover completely. Allow to dry between coats.
- Cut a length of 4mm white satin ribbon 32cms. Loop around card ring and tie a knot. Cut off excess ends and bring knot down to stick on the back of ring. Lay ring flat with hanging loop at top. Add a small bead of glue at top centre of ring and stick down top ribbon flat.
- Using the templates provided you will need to cut out 5 of the long leaf stems and 10 of the berry leaf stems. You will need to do this with a craft knife or precision scissors to have clean sharp lines.
- Water down some glue a little. Take a long stem and with a small brush, paint light strokes from the centre to the leaf end and quickly sprinkle with the white iridescent glitter. Shake off any excess. Do this for the other 4 stems.
- With a hole punch and red glitter card, punch out 30 circles. These will be the berries. Stick these down at the base of the small leaf stem following cut out shape. When glue has dried, wrap stem lightly around a pencil to curve it up slightly. This will give dimension to the wreath.
- Lay the cardboard ring flat and place your 5 long stems all around. There should only be slight overlapping. Stick at bottom end and 2/3rds of the way up stem only.
- Put a small dot of glue at base of the berry stem and stick at base of long stem. Do that for each of the long stems.
- The other 5 berry stems are positioned in the middle of the long stem. Add glue and stick down as before. If any berry stems are flat, curve them up lightly to give an almost ‘real’ look.
When using a craft knife always keep your non-cutting hand to the side or behind the direction you are cutting to protect your fingers.