Time to Make
30 minutes (Plus drying time)
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Clean your pumpkin with soapy water and dry thoroughly.
- The paint will drip down from the pumpkin, so use some newspaper to protect your work surfaces. A paper plate or disposable foil tray is ideal to catch the paint drips. Place your pumpkin on a covered upside-down cup, bowl, or some stones on top of the paper plate or foil tray.
- Choose your colours. We used orange, purple, green, yellow and white.
- Squeeze small amounts of the paint onto the pumpkin, alternating one colour at a time. Allow them to drip down.
- Keep adding the paint in small amounts to the pumpkin, to the top and to the sides until you are happy with the results.
- Allow to dry overnight and dab any bit of wet paint away from the base if it is still wet.
For a different effect, try a dirty pour by adding paint colours of your choice to a disposable cup and pouring it over the pumpkin in one pour.