Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Wash and dry an empty food can and remove the label. Cut a piece of foam 12cm by 21cm and place inside the can so 2cm sticks out the top.
- Stick double-sided tape around the rim of the can and fold the foam over to cover any sharp edges.
- Wrap the can with several layers of torn kitchen roll, gluing down as you go. Cut the Mod Roc into 5cm wide pieces. Dip one into a shallow bowl of water and lay over the tissue, smoothing down with your fingers.
- Carry on adding more strips of Mod Roc to make a rounded body shape. Mould a strip of Mod Roc into a beak shape and secure to the top half of the can with more flat strips. Smooth all the edges and leave to dry.
- Cut feet from orange foam and fix to the base of the can with a circle of sticky foam. Cut wings and eye shapes from sticky foam, decorate with sequins and glitter glue and lay to one side to dry.
- Paint the body of the owl with blue paint and the beak area in orange. When dry, stick on the eyes and wings and add more sequins and glitter if necessary.
Two thin coats of acrylic paint will give a much better finish than one thick coat.