Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Draw around a mask onto the back of a piece of brown self-adhesive foam. Mark out the eyes and draw around a penny in the same place to make two small eyes. Cut out and stick the foam to the mask. Mark out holes for the elastic once you've finished your mask.
- Cut a leaf shaped piece of orange sticky foam and fold in half before removing the top part of the backing and fixing above the nose area.
- Cut some red and orange feathers in half. Place some double sided tape below the eyes and stick the feathers to this so they hang down from the mask.
- Add the other half of the feathers to the ear part of the mask. Cut some small feather shapes from brown and red self-adhesive foam cut into each side to make the feathers.
- Remove a 1cm long piece of the backing paper and place the foam feathers over the ends of the real feathers to neaten the mask.
- Cut a piece of black self-adhesive foam 2cm wide by 20cm long, and cut a fringe into one side. Cut in half and use to edge the eye sockets of the mask. Add dots of gold glitter glue to finish.
Don't just save these masks for Halloween, try making parrots and peacocks in glowing colours.