Easy. Adult Supervision needed.
Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Use a hole punch or sharp pencil to make 6 holes around the rim of the paper plate at equal distances.
- Paint the top of the plate blue using acrylic paint. Leave to dry.
- Turn the plate over and paint the underneath of the plate with blue acrylic paint. Leave to dry.
- Mark the middle of the plate with a sharp pencil and make a small hole using the pencil.
- Download the paper plate aquarium template and print off the 2 sheets of templates.
- Colour in the ocean creatures from the templates. Make sure you use the same colours for the matching sea creature on both sheets.
- Cut out the characters.
- Cut 6 pieces of blue elastic roughly 30cm long.
- Place some glue onto the back of one of the ocean characters using a glue stick and stick down the end of one of the pieces of blue elastic into the middle.
- Take the matching character and stick it on top. Make sure the two sides of the character are firmly glued together so that the end of the elastic is securely in place.
- Repeat steps 9 and 10 until all of the ocean characters are attached to the ends of the pieces of elastic.
- Hang each character to the blue plate by threading the elastic through the holes around the edge and tying a knot. Cut off any excess elastic.
- Cut a piece of blue elastic roughly 10cm long and thread it through the middle hole in the plate. Tie a knot on the other end so that the elastic doesnt come through the hole. Secure in place with a piece of sticky tape.
- Tie the piece of elastic into a loop with a double knot. Use the loop to hang up your completed ocean mobile!
If you do not have a paper plate, you could cut out a circle of card instead, and substitute the blue elastic for wool or string.