Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- To make the pom pom first download the circle template provided and cut out two from card. Ask an adult to help cut out the middle section of each circle.
- Take two reels of wool in your chosen colours and cut them into long strands. Cut one strand to approximately 20cm and put to one side.
- Place both of the card circles together, then wrap the wool strands in both colours, through the hole, around the edge and back through the hole again, until you can’t thread any more through.
- Carefully cut the wool through the middle of the two card circles until you have snipped the whole way across.
- Using the 20cm piece of wool you set aside earlier, wrap this underneath one of the card circles and tie tightly with a double knot. Snip through each card circle to remove from the pom pom.
- Trim the pom pom down using scissors until you have a full and neat looking circle.
- Take two green pipe cleaners and bend the ends around the middle of the pom pom. When the ends meet then twist the pipe cleaners together to create the flowers stalk. Try to twist them quite tightly and as close to the pom pom as you can so it holds in place. Then diagonally twist the remainder of the two pipe cleaners to attach them together.
- Cut out the leaf template from green self-adhesive felt. Place the pipe cleaner stalk in the middle, remove the backing from the felt, fold and stick together.
- Cut out a rectangle from white self-adhesive felt approx 2 x 12cm in size and place this just underneath the leaf. Remove the backing from the felt, fold and stick together. Then stick on some self-adhesive foam letters to the white felt label to personalise.
Bend two pipe cleaners together for the stalk to make the flower more rigid when holding.