Easy, adult supervision needed.
Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Sketch out your narwhal shape onto some white card, then cut this template out
- Lay the Narwhal card template onto some light blue felt and trace around the shape using a pencil. Repeat this process again so you have two narwhal shapes drawn onto the felt. Cut out both templates and line them up to check they are identical in shape and size.
- Thread a needle with a length of light pink embroidery thread and make a secure knot on one end. Line the two felt pieces together and starting at the back, begin sewing them together with small stitches. When you have got to about two thirds of the way round, stop.
- To stuff your narwhal brooch, fill it up with cotton wool pieces. Pull the cotton wool ball into lots of smaller pieces to ensure it doesn’t make the narwhal look lumpy once stuffed.
- Once you have stuffed your narwhal brooch, sew the gap up and when you get to the end tie it securely with a knot.
- Cut out the tusk, eye, cheek and belly pieces from felt. Then apply a small amount of super tacky glue to the back of these pieces and stick in place on the narwhal. Using a thin black pen draw the mouth onto the felt. Leave to dry.
- Once dry, turn the narwhal over and peel off the back of one of the self-adhesive badge pins. Press it onto the middle of the narwhal to complete the brooch.
For an alternative and speedy solution to create the Narwhal’s eye, you could use a small self-adhesive wiggle eye instead.