Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Measure the length of the craft sticks, then cut two pieces of light pink paper with the width slightly smaller than that length.
- Take a purple craft stick and put a piece of double sided tape on the back and peel off the backing. Stick the purple craft stick onto the bottom of one of the sheets of pink paper. Then repeat this with nine more purple sticks.
- Put a strip of double sided tape onto the top of each craft stick and peel off the backing. Then place the other piece of pink paper on top of the sticks and trim the end.
- Use the coloured pens to write ‘5 things I love about my Mum’ at the top of one side of the card. List your five reasons you love your mum underneath. Then write ‘Happy Mother’s Day’ below if there is enough room.
- Turn the card over and write ‘Happy Mother’s Day’ and decorate with flowers.
- Use the scalpel or a sharp craft knife to score the paper along every other gap between the sticks. Turn the card over and repeat, making sure you don’t score along the line that has been cut on the other side.
- Concertina fold the craft sticks and tie in place with some pink ribbon.
Write the text lightly in pencil first to make sure there is enough room.