Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Begin by tearing off a piece of air dry clay. Add a small amount of acrylic paint. Try testing a small piece of colour with your clay to see how it looks. We used the colours light blue and pink.
- If you are happy with the colour, go ahead and colour your air dry clay, then flatten between the palms of your hands.
- Use a cutter to shape your piece of model magic into a circle and smooth over the surface to get rid of any bumps.
- Once the surface is completely smooth, press your finger firmly into the clay, then remove gently. You should be left with a visible fingerprint.
- Now carefully turn over the clay and gently apply a self-adhesive magnetic disc to the back. Leave to dry for 24 hours.
- Once fully dry, write your name and age above the fingerprint on the front of your magnet with a black pen or marker.
- Finally, apply a small amount of PVA glue as a border for your magnet - use a glue stick if required - then sprinkle with glitter from a glitter shaker. Shake off any excess glitter and leave to dry.
- Repeat the process as many times as you require magnets for a Mothers Day gift Mum will never forget!
These personalised fingerprint magnets make great gifts for dad, grandparents, friends and relatives.