Intermediate. Adult supervision needed.
Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Download the template, then print it and cut it out. Trace the template onto white card and cut it out.
- Cut out two holes in the card where the top of the box will be. Thread string through these holes and tie together.
- Stick the template together using masking tape to create a triangular shaped box. Make sure you leave the folded tap on one side unstuck, as this will be used to add the sweets.
- Cut a long strip of red crepe paper in half lengthways, creating two thin strips. Then cut these into sections at varying lengths, from short to long.
- Trim along the bottom of the crepe paper strips to create tassels. Then stick a strip of double sided tape to the top and stick to the front of the box. Start with the smallest strip at the tip of the triangle and work your way up.
- Once you are about an inch away from the top of the box, add a strip of white crepe paper, then finish with two strips of green crepe paper.
- Add crepe paper strips to the edges and back of the box.
- Cut out small seed shapes from black crepe paper and stick them onto the front of the watermelon.
Be careful not to rip the crepe paper when applying the tape to it. You can make a larger version by enlarging the template to the required size.