Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Stick a strip of double sided tape along the long edge of a red piece of card. Peel off the backing of the tape, then place a kitchen roll tube onto it. Roll the kitchen tube to cover it in the red card, then fix the other end in place using double-sided tape.
- Fold the ends of the card into the ends of the kitchen roll tubes. Then cut out a circle from another sheet of red card and stick it to the top of the tube to cover the hole.
- Cut out four thin strips from a sheet of black self-adhesive foam, and stick one to the top of the tube, one to the bottom, and the other two in the middle, splitting it into three sections.
- Use a mixture of white, black and red sheets of self-adhesive foam to create three different faces in each section of the tube.
- Use a black pen to draw lines, swirls and other markings onto the totem pole.
Try creating smaller totem poles using toilet roll tubes instead.