Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Cut a polystyrene egg in half to make two ovals. Then, paint the two ovals with two coats of red acrylic paint and leave to dry.
- Cut two wing shapes from coloured foam and decorate one side of each with strips of self-adhesive foam in a contrasting colour.
- Fix the wings to the body with small heart shapes cut out from a different colour of self-adhesive foam.
- Stick more heart shapes around the ends of two short pieces of pipe cleaner.
- Pierce two holes in the front of the body with a knitting needle and use PVA to glue the pipe cleaners inside these.
- Bend the pipe cleaners so the antennae look quirky and add wiggle-eyes to finish.
These love bugs would be great as message holders - fix a magnetic disc to the underside and use on the fridge.