Time to Make
1 hour 15 minutes
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Turn the spoon over so that the dip in the spoon is at the back. Paint the head of the wooden spoon light pink. Leave to dry.
- Paint the body of the wooden spoon light green. Leave to dry.
- Cut lots of small strips of orange wool to make the hair and the beard. Put the super tacky multi-purpose glue around the edges of the face of the wooden spoon and stick down the pieces of orange wool. Leave to dry.
- Whilst waiting for the beard to dry, cut out a hat shape from green foam. Cut out a small black strip from black foam to stick onto the hat using glue dots. Cut a small shamrock shape from light green foam and stick to the hat.
- Cut out a small square shape from gold glitter foam. Peel off the backing and stick onto the middle of the black strip on the hat to make a buckle.
- Put some glue onto the top of the wooden spoon and stick on the hat. Hold in place for 1 minute and then leave to dry.
- Whilst waiting for the hat to dry, cut a small strip from black foam long enough to fit around the body of the spoon to make a belt. Attach to the body using glue dots.
- Cut a small square from gold glitter foam, peel off the backing and stick to the middle of the belt.
- Stick two wiggle eyes onto the face of the spoon.
- Stick a small pink pom pom using a glue dot in the middle of the spoon under the wiggle eyes to make a nose.
- Draw on a mouth underneath the nose using a thin black pen.
- Using a glue dot stick a green bow at the top of the body to make a bow tie.
- Cut a green tinsel pipe cleaner in half. Using a glue dot, stick one half of the tinsel pipe cleaner to the back of the spoon in the middle to make the leprechaun’s arms.
- Fold a small loop at each end of the pipe cleaner to make small hands.
- Using a gold glitter glue pen put a line of small dots down the top of the body to create golden buttons for the leprechaun’s clothes. Leave to dry.
Wait for the gold glitter glue buttons to fully dry before playing with the leprechaun spoon pal so that it doesn't smudge.