Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Take a piece of A4 black card and place it in a landscape position on a flat surface. Fold the bottom left-hand corner up to the top edge to form a triangle and trim away the excess. When you open it back up it should be a square shape.
- Next, fold the square back into a triangle and cut a triangle aperture out of it, using the picture as a guide. When you open it back up this time you should have a kite frame - a diamond with a triangle aperture on each side.
- Open the kite shape out and lay flat over a piece of patterned paper, with the pattern facing upwards. Line up the edges of the kite with the edges of one side of the piece of paper and affix in place with Glue Dots. Trim away the excess patterned paper.
- Decorate the centre strip of the kite with mini pom poms, spacing them out equally and alternating the colour, as shown. Trim a piece of red satin ribbon and blue satin ribbon to the same length, tie in a knot and affix to the reverse of the kite, at the bottom point, with a Glue Dot.
- Tie ribbon bows around the 'tail', alternating the colour, as shown. Finally, add a blue ribbon loop to the reverse of the kite at the top point.
You can decorate with sequins, pens or paint instead of pom poms, but don't use embellishments that are heavy as they will buckle the shape of the kite.