Time to Make
20 minutes + setting time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Put the coconut oil in a small bowl and melt it until it becomes liquid.
- Mix the birdseed and flour together in a bowl, then add the melted coconut oil and peanut butter and mix until all the seeds are coated. The mixture should become slightly sticky, if it seems too dry add a little more coconut oil.
- Place the cookie cutters on a plate and put the seed mixture into each cutter. Use your fingers to push it down so it is very compact.
- Use either a straw or a wooden skewer to carefully make a hole in the top of the seed mixture (this will be for the ribbon to hang from).
- Put the plate of seed feeders in the fridge and leave for a couple of hours to set.
- Once the feeders have set (then should be hard) carefully push them out of the cookie cutters. Then thread different coloured ribbon through the holes in the top of the shapes and tie the ends in a knot to create a loop of the feeders to hang from.
Try not to hang them somewhere that will be in constant direct sunlight as they may start to melt and lose their shape.
What You Need
- Coloured Satin Ribbon Value Pack
- 270g Bird Seeds
- Straw/Wooden Skewer
- 4 Tablespoons Set Coconut Oil
- Tablespoon Peanut Butter (optional)
- 120g Flour
- Cookie Cutters
- Mixing Bowl