Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Print and cut out the template shapes.
- Cut out 24 pieces of hessian using the petal/leaf template. You can use a pin or a pa-perclip to attach the template to the hessian and limit movement while you cut.
- Cut out 2 pieces of hessian using the circle template.
- Using your hot glue gun, put a dot of glue behind point A and fold in a rolling motion to stick to point B. Then, put a dot of glue behind point C and roll over to stick and make a cone shape. Repeat for all 24 petals/leaves.
- Hot glue 12 cone shapes to one of the circles, points facing outward. This will form the petal layer of your sunflower.
- For your leaves, hot glue the remaining 12 cone shapes behind the circle, making sure that they are positioned between the petals.
- Using your textile paint, roughly paint the petals yellow and the leaves green.
- Once dry, hot glue the last hessian circle to the centre and paint black.
- Cut a length of Jute Twine, roughly 20cms. Turnover your sunflower and secure the ends to the centre of the sunflower using hot glue, and then add some more hot glue a small distance in from your hanging point to stabilise it.
To avoid touching the hot glue with your fingers, use tweezers or a pencil to hold things in place while you form the petals and stick the hessian together.