Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Cut a piece of red wool roughly 20cm long and put to the side. This will be used to tie the pom pom together.
- To make the pom pom, open up the large purple pom pom maker and wrap red wool around both semi-circles. The more layers added the bigger and fluffier the pom pom will be.
- Close the pom pom maker and cut the wool down the gap through the middle of the pom pom maker.
- Using the 20cm long piece of wool set aside earlier, tie it tightly in the gap where you cut through the middle of the pom pom maker to secure the pom pom with a double knot.
- Remove the pom pom maker to reveal your pom pom. Take a split metal ring and attach it to the tied piece of wool in the middle of the pom pom that holds it together.
- The split metal ring will be where the top of the heart will be. Cut out a triangle shape to make the top of the heart. Be careful not to cut the middle piece of wool holding the pom pom together.
- Trim the bottom of the pom pom on both sides to make a downward point shape.
- Continue to trim the pom pom all over to round off the edges and make a heart shape.
- Once you are happy with your heart shape, attach a metal belt clip keychain to the split metal ring.
Be careful not to cut the wool tied in the middle of the pom pom that holds everything together. Although a pom pom maker is the easiest way to make this project, you can still make the heart pom pom using the traditional cardboard method.