Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Trace an elongated heart shape on the back of a piece of self-adhesive foam (use our template) using a marker. Draw a 3cm diameter circle in the centre and cut out the frame shape using small scissors.
- Fix a small circle of white card behind the aperture in the heart and write a special message on it. Cut another heart shape from sticky foam, making sure it is the mirror image of the first one.
- Stick the two hearts back to back, sandwiching a pipe cleaner stem between them towards the point of the shape.
- Fold a rectangle of green sticky foam in half and cut out a heart shape, leaving the pointed end joined at the fold. Open out, remove the backing paper and fix around the stem of the heart flower.
- Cut out some smaller heart shapes from other colours of self-adhesive foam and use these to decorate the heart flower. Cover a craft pot with a sheet of sticky foam. Decorate this with more hearts and use as a vase for the flowers.
Hold the flowers in place by pushing the stems into a ball of clay at the bottom of the vase.