Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
Yes - The slime is formed by a chemical reaction between the polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) in the glue and the borate ion from the boric acid in the contact lens solution. We therefore recommend that the recipe is not altered, as the chemical reaction needs these ingredients to work. Please make sure that the making of the slime is supervised by an Adult. After making / playing with the slime we recommend that hands are thoroughly washed. This Slime is not edible. If your child has any allergies, please make sure you check the ingredients of each of the components. If any signs of reaction appears on the skin, please wash thoroughly and stop use immediately. If in doubt, please seek medical advice.
How to Make
- Pour about eight tablespoons of PVA glue into your bowl. Add in a few drops of green food colouring and mix it together with a spoon until the colour is completely mixed in.
- Add some shaving foam into your mixture, around the amount of half of the glue, and mix it in. Then add a teaspoon of baking soda and mix it again.
- Add around one tablespoon of contact lens solution to your mixture and stir with the spoon. Your mixture should begin to stick together and feel thick. Continue to add a little more contact lens solution until the slime is no longer sticking to the bowl.
- Take the slime out of the bowl and knead and stretch it with your hands until it is no longer sticky, adding more contact lens solution if it is sticking to your hands.
- Repeat steps 1 to 4 twice more, one with purple food colouring and one with orange.
- Twist the three coloured slimes together to create a Halloween rainbow.
- Lay out your slime onto a flat surface and add some iridescent glitter to it. Knead the slime with your hands to mix the glitter in.
Try not to twist the colours together for too long, otherwise they will start to blend together.