Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Draw lines down the length of some A4 card, 4cm from each long edge. Measure across the card at 4cm, 14cm, 18cm and 28cm from the short edge and draw lines across to make a cutting grid. Draw a money slot in the centre rectangle.
- Cut away the smallest corners on your card. Then cut up from the long edges along the horizontal lines as far as the long vertical ones so these will form tabs for holding the box together.
- Cut out the money slot with small scissors. Fold along all your pencil lines and then rub the marks away. Glue the tabs to the side rectangles to make a box and fold the lid part inside the box base.
- Draw around your box onto a piece of yellow card. Using this rectangle as a guide draw the outline of a dog sitting down, making his tail stick out past the box. Cut out.
- Draw a large head on another piece of yellow card and cut out. Join the head to the body with a folded strip of card 11cm by 1.5cm so that the head bobs around.
- Decorate your dog with contrasting card splodge shapes, big floppy ears and a pair of wiggle-eyes. You can add whiskery dots around his nose with a black pen and a long red card tongue to make him look really effective.
If your folds are straight this will make a much sturdier box and you can use this type of container for storing trinkets or gift wrapping.