Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Place the reel of tape onto a sheet of red card and draw around the inside with a pencil, then cut this circle out. Do the same on a sheet of yellow paper, however before cutting it out, draw a semi circle shape at four points around the edge of the circle.
- Draw the Chinese symbol for good luck onto the front of the red circle with a black deco pen.
- Cover the circular part of the yellow shape with double sided tape. Then cut a long strip of yellow wool and stick it around the edge of the circle creating loops as you go.
- Stick a few more pieces of double sided tape to the top of the wool, then stick the red circle on top.
- Loop some red wool around your fingers several times and tie together with some yellow wool. Trim the ends so they are no longer looped to create a tassel. Keep one long strand of red wool attached to the tassel.
- Attach the tassel to the bottom of the charm, and loop the end of the wool at the top for the charm to hang from.
Try making matching charms with other Chinese symbols.