Time to Make
15 minutes plus drying time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Remove the pen lid. Twist off the pen stopper and remove the pen ink refill.
- Coat the pen ink refill with a layer of acrylic satin varnish using an old paintbrush taking care not cover the pen nib.
- Use a piece of card to cover the work surface, then sprinkle glitter all over the ink refill until completely covered, and leave to dry. Try to leave it drying propped up against something rather than lying flat so that the glitter doesnt smudge underneath.
- Once the glitter is completely dry, insert the ink refill back into the pen barrel and twist back into place.
- Coat the pen stopper with a layer of acrylic satin varnish, then sprinkle with glitter until completely covered, shaking off any excess. Leave to dry.
- Finally, apply a coat of acrylic satin varnish to the pen stopper as a sealant. This will prevent the glitter from coming off onto your hands when using the pen. Leave to dry.
Instead of one colour you could try adding different coloured stripes of glitter for a rainbow effect.